In our discipleship and missionary training process we have over 50 teachers that teach over 75 teachings throughout our journey. The Lord has blessed this ministry with so many incredible teachers who serve and share years of ministry experience and wisdom with our young adults. These teachings and our amazing teachers are what makes our process so fantastic and unique to other types of discipleship training programs in the United States. Throughout this SEND training year 13-14 we would like to share with you the incredible servants who teach in SEND in a segment called: SEND Teacher Spotlight! For this week, we introduce Pastor Jim Kane!
What classes do you teach at SEND?
- At SEND, I have had the privilege to teach “The Art of Forgiveness,” “The Spiritual Discipline of Giving Thanks,” and “Ministry to Children.”
Where do you serve the Lord and for how long have you been in ministry?
- I am currently the Pastor of the First Church of God (Anderson) in Kendallville. I have been there for over 13 years and I am now in my 14th year and my 27th year of ministry overall.
What is your background? (school/credentials)
- I graduated from Greenville College in Illinois with a Bachelor’s degree in English, Asbury Theological Seminary with a Master of Arts in Religion in Christian Education, and a Master of Arts in Educational Leadership from Western Michigan University (Go Broncos!)
What is your favorite thing about SEND North America?
- What I love about SEND is the opportunity to interact and hopefully be used by the Lord to help young adults discern God’s mission for them in the years ahead. I have learned as much from the SEND students as they have probably learned from me.
What would people be surprised to know about you?
- And would surprise people about me? Well, I have been on TV five times in my life – twice as a kid, including a stint on a local edition of Bozo The Clown where I won a game!
Thanks to Pastor Jim! He is such a great Pastor in our community and teacher at SEND North America. If you ever have the chance please check out his amazing church, First Church of God, Kendallville.