I’ve been writing a presentation on Christianity as a movement, to be presented to the Young Adults of SEND North America this week. I was developing material to identify in what ways the Christian church today has drifted from the posture of what Christ meant this movement to be.
I came up with the following issues:
- A movement, not an institution
- A process, not a program
- A journey, not an event
- Messengers, not consumers
- Relationships, not an organization
- Community, not a building
- A way of life, not a compartmentalized activity
- A spiritual adventure, not a religion
- An experience, not an academic statement
- Disciples, not graduates
- Missionaries, not members
- Ministers, not observers
- Transformed, not conformed
What would you add to this list? What would you challenge?